Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Biology Day 1 Introduction

Welcome to Biology. This year we will be focusing on 4 major themes - Classification of Life, Genetics, Ecosystems and Environmental Biology. We are going to be using Prentice Hall Biology by Miller and Levine as our main textbook along with a wide variety of other materials. You will be able to access your textbook online. Assignments, resource links and class notes will be posted on this blog site. We will also be using Google Docs to share work with each other during the year. I have put our powerpoint from the first day into my Google Docs account, published it and pasted it into the HTML text of this blog for you to see - I am going to be teaching you how to do this too!

I am looking forward to working with all of you this year. For many of you, this is the third time we have worked together - so I have a good idea of what you already know and what your strengths are. For those of you who are new to my classes, I am excited about getting to know you as a student as we explore biology this year.

No comments: